[Kdenlive-devel] Preparing for 0.2.3

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 18:49:42 UTC 2003

Hi,

I think that sometime soon would be a good time for another .tgz release.
(0.2.3 sounds good, don't you think? This is intended as a sort of interim
commit until 0.3.0 is ready, which is probably still some time away.)  It's
been quite some time since a release of kdenlive was last made (0.2.2 never
happened for kdenlive - it's taken a hell of a lot longer to get
inpoints/outpoints working than I originally anticipated!)

I've also noticed that if you google search for kdenlive, a couple of RPM
packages of kdenlive 0.2.0 are appearing (most notably, there is one on
mandrakeclub)... but cvs kdenlive/piave  is so much more appealing an
application now, don't you think?

So here is my plan - this is not going to be an overnight thing - over the
next couple of weeks, I will aim to polish up the existing (or expected)
functionality as much as possible. That includes bug fixes, and things that
should work in a particular way but don't - for instance, resizing a clip on
the timeline does not update the inpoint/outpoint on the clip monitor until
you re-select the clip on the timeline.

Once everything is polished, I'll do a source release for kdenlive and, unless
Rolf finds some free time :-), PIave. (although rolf will still need to
upload piave seperately to sourceforge...)

If there are any outstanding bugs that you know of, (and I think there are
quite a few) please either post them here and/or post them onto the bug
tracker at sourceforge. I will be trying to fix bugs in piave if I find any
as well :-) Also, please include any usability issues that you discover - an
example is when I originally used the '{' and '}' keys for setting
inpoints/outpoints that makes for awkward use on a german keyboard layout.
(Incidentally, these have now changed to 'I' and 'O' as Reinhart to
suggested).

Please post wish list items on the relevant tracker as well - if there are any
small things - missing key shortcuts, for example - I will fit those in as
well.

I would also like to try and get a version of the kdenlive help handbook ready
for completeness. I'll make a start later today if I get the chance.

What do people think of this plan?

Cheers,
Jason

--