[Kdenlive-devel] Inpoints and outpoints commited

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Mon Jul 28 11:30:20 UTC 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 00:58, Jason Wood wrote:
> Essentially, you can set the in/outpoints on the workspace monitor and
> 'drag' it to the timeline. What you get is a Project Clip - a clip that is
> a composite of other clips. At the moment, this is of very little use, but
> it works which is proof that the underlying kdenlive architecture can
> support it.

Sounds good. I think it's very ok to have these things working "somehow" where
we know it is not optimal and will change soon.

> There are two main uses for project clips :
[...snip good reasons...]

I usually have the same intro for a number of clips. I often want to save a
special sequence out of a longer movie. Also I hat eto use more than one or
two different transition effects. So if I am done to create my custom
transition, which is a mix of a fade,swirl and a line-wipe, I can just
'group' (or 'lock' or whatever) it and then easily make copies and use them
in the project. When making more complicated composings it is nice to
'deflate' a part which is basically done to get more overview on the whole
production. ....
If I think a few minutes longer I can probably com up with anther ten reasons
why 'sequences' 'composed clips' or 'project clips' or what ever we call it
are _really_  important. ;-) Great that we know it'll work.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de