[Kdenlive-devel] xine-lib & non DV video

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jan 29 18:47:45 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was looking in using xine-lib to support other video formats and codecs, but
after a while I had to come to the conclusion that this is not yet possible.
I hat som e-mail exchange with Guenter and it seems, that this is something
xine-lib might be targeting for after they have the 1.0 version out.

No I will have to try either ffmpeg again, or maybe look at mjpegtools.
mjpegtools look like a huge set of standalone tools, which is not optimal for
what I want to do. I am not sure if there is some central library I could
use, but I don't like the idea of calling external binaries and pipe the
video data around. I have the feeling, that I will end up at the same point
like with xine, namely that mjpegtools cannot easyly provide random access to
the mpeg frames.

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/