[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 26 20:32:13 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 09:29 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> How expensive an operation is it, though? Does it take seconds,
> milliseconds, nanoseconds... ?
> Consider that once layouts are in place, the
> user will :
>
> 1. layout the app how they want it.
> 2. Use the app.
>
> I am not expecting the user to be sitting there resize the window whilst it
> is playing and complaining about how slow everything starst going ;-)
>
> Consider it to be a pretty-much one-off occurance, it doesn't matter if it
> is slow as long as it's not *too* slow (I'd say 30 seconds would be
> excessive).

It's not that slow, but if you resize the kdenlive window with the mouse (and
users _will_ do tha very frequently), I get thousands of resize events. I
have to prevent from really resizeing every time. I'll check it out when I
have time. Up to then we will have to live with the windowsize kdenlive
requests or what is in the clip to show.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/