[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 26 15:28:32 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 04:20 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 26 Jan 2003 2:50 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 January 2003 03:25 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > > Great work!  And I can confirm, it doesn't work with Kdenlive at all at
> > > the moment ;-)
> >
> > Actually I am not sure why. For me, kdenlive sends a <getCapabilities>
> > request, and then locks up. Doesn't even send <createXWindow> ...
>
> Ah, I think I know what is causing this. Are you still running piave from a
> seperate console? You can still do this, but Kdenlive is now running *3*
> instances of piave. They are allocated the following ports :

Why shouldn't I run the first instance on a seperate console? It worked a
while ago. The irst instance (6100) was catched from the console and the
others started seperately. And also I tried without manual startup and .. no
difference. It is absolutely necessary, that I can start piave manually from
a console.

> 6100 : Document renderer - handles requests for file lengths, and
> exporting.

Ahh, that's why this instance doesn't get a createXWindow. ;-)

> 6101 : Workplace Monitor - Displays and previews the complete
> timeline. 6102 : Clip Monitor - Handles the display of a single clip,
> including for resizing on the timeline.
>
> Whilst all renderers will be asked for their capabilities, only the
> workplace and clip monitor actually get an create window request - the
> document renderer is for background tasks only.
>
> If this setup changes, I'll let you know. In the meantime, start piave with
> the relevant port to test whichever window you want to test.

ok. Are you sure that we need all those instances running? I think the
sepearation might make sense from an abstract point of view, but in reality,
we'll have one piave _with_ xv overlay which will be fast, and all the other
will have to use rgb, which is slow. Please keep that in mind. Two equal
windows, both setup to play video in realtime are not possible.

> Compiling now, thanks that should help me to put together the "loading"
> code for the dialogs, rather than hand-coding an example ;-)

great ;-)

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/