[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 26 14:50:18 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 03:25 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> Great work!  And I can confirm, it doesn't work with Kdenlive at all at the
> moment ;-)

Actually I am not sure why. For me, kdenlive sends a <getCapabilities>
request, and then locks up. Doesn't even send <createXWindow> ...

> I have been relaxing a little whilst I sort out in my head how
> to code the file dialog(s) properly - it's coming along slowly but surely,
> expect something in about a week, I should say, maybe sooner if I find the
> time and it all suddenly slots into place.

;-) To get you something to test with, I implemented some replies to
<getCapabilities> so you can try to parse those ;-) (latest HEAD)

I think it looks quite good. I closely followed your suggestion. One might
since the daughtere elemenet also starts with <effect> <instream>
<outstream>. The syntax of the iostram<->codec description is not yet
finished, but it's pretty obvious how it should look like, I think. (the
order of the XML attributes is out of my control, it looks alphabetical, but
doesn't matter anyway)

What people you think? It pretty much reflects the current status of piave.

 <capabilities>
      <renderer name="PIAVE" version="0.2.9">
          <author email="rolf at dubitzky.de" name="Rolf Dubitzky" />
          <about>
blah... video render engine.. blah..
blah... GPL...  blah...
cool.... blah...
home: www.dubitzky.de/piave
(c) 2003 Rolf Dubitzky
          </about>
      </renderer>
      <general oneTrackEffects="yes" subFrameEditing="no"
twoTrackEffects="yes" />
      <effects>
          <effect name="AlphaBlend">
              <input audio="yes" name="A" video="yes" />
              <input audio="yes" name="B" video="yes" />
              <parameter max="1.0" min="0.0" name="fade" type="double">
Controls the transparency of video B. At 0.0, video A is completely on screen.
At 1.0, video B is completely visible.
              </parameter>
              <preset name="crossfade">
                  <fade>
                      <keyframe time="0.0" value="0.0" />
                      <keyframe time="1.0" value="1.0" />
                  </fade>
              </preset>
              <preset name="overlay">
                  <fade>
                      <keyframe time="0.0" value="0.5" />
                      <keyframe time="1.0" value="0.5" />
                  </fade>
              </preset>
              <preset name="inandout">
                  <fade>
                      <keyframe time="0.0" value="0.0" />
                      <keyframe time="0.2" value="1.0" />
                      <keyframe time="0.8" value="1.0" />
                      <keyframe time="1.0" value="0.0" />
                  </fade>
              </preset>
              <about>
This binary operator can be used to overlay a still images,
fade in text, cross fade transitions, etc, etc...
              </about>
          </effect>
          <effect name="InvertFilter">
              <input input="A" video="yes" />
              <about>
This filter is a simple color inversion, no parameters.
              </about>
          </effect>
      </effects>
      <inputs>
          <instream name="InRawDVStream">
              <file>
                  <container extension=".dv" format="rawdv" />
                  <videocodecs>
                      <libdv_decoder />
                  </videocodecs>
                  <audiocodecs>
                      <libdv_decoder />
                  </audiocodecs>
              </file>
              <about>
Can read raw DV files.
              </about>
          </instream>
      </inputs>
      <outputs>
          <outstream name="OutRawDVStream">
              <file>
                  <container extension=".dv" format="rawdv" />
                  <videocodecs>
                      <libdv_encoder />
                  </videocodecs>
                  <audiocodecs>
                      <libdv_encoder />
                  </audiocodecs>
              </file>
              <about>
Can write raw DV files.
              </about>
          </outstream>
          <outstream name="SDLStream">
              <screen>
                  <X11 fallback="rgb" visual="xv" />
                  <X11 visual="rgb" />
              </screen>
              <about>
Use SDL to display video. Uses xv overlay if available.
              </about>
          </outstream>
      </outputs>
      <codecs>
          <decoder name="libdv_decoder">
              <format fourcc="DVSD" />
              <format fourcc="dvsd" />
              <format fourcc="DVCS" />
              <format fourcc="dvcs" />
              <format fourcc="dvc" />
              <about>
This codec uses libdv to decode DV video.
              </about>
          </decoder>
          <encoder name="libdv_encoder">
              <about>
This codec uses libdv to encode DV video.
              </about>
          </encoder>
      </codecs>
  </capabilities>

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/