[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sat Jan 25 18:41:20 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have commit a huge set of changes. This is not yet stable, but I want to let
people see how the plugin based architecture looks like. from kdenlive point
of view, there are not many new features, in contrary, some old things do not
yet work, especially in context with kdenlive, but you can try out
utils/pplay and utils/plistplugins.

new:
 - PLUGINS !! all input and output streams, as well as all effects/transitions
      are now handled as loadable plugins. There are seven plugins already.
      Most important are:
       - InRawDVStream : use libdv read from raw DV files
       - OutSDLStream : use SDL to display video

 - gdk-pixbuf : This is the second _major_ change. I removed all dependencies
        to gdk-pixbuf. Frame buffers are now handled by piave.

not yet:
 - OSS sound output plugin. this is easy but I had no time yet to finish it.
 - write to raw dv file.
 - no reply to kdenlive 'getCaps' yet, but this is now possible. It wasn't
   even implementable before.
 - communication with kdenlive might be screwed up at the moment.

I suggest a clean new checkout. There is almost no file in it's old place
anyway ;-)

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/