[Kdenlive-devel] backtrace

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 17:11:00 UTC 2003

On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 4:26 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented a runtime backtrace, so if you run piave at least with '-v'
> or with '-d' then you'll get something like this in case of a seg fault. I
> don't know how to get the sourcecode linenumbers (help anybody??), but at
> least you can see the method that crashed, in this case "Frame::makeVBuf".
> I hope that will be helpfull in some cases where users don't want to bother
> with gdb and still send bugreports.

Great Rolf, I was going to ask you if you could do this :-)

The next version of Kdenlive will quite possibly have more than one instance
of piave running at the same time - at the moment, I have three running, but
I don't know if I need them all yet.

I have updated the debug box to pipe the stderr/stdout of each render instance
to a seperate debug view, and also kdenlive's debug messages get put in the
relevant debug windows as well. (it will make more sense when you see it). I
will commit in a few days once I have reworked things so that multiple
monitor support works.

Line numbers, hmm.... I'm sure that there is a way, but I don't know what it
is off hand - I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Jason

--