[Kdenlive-devel] Re: kino and next steps

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at physik.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 14 01:10:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Jason Wood wrote:
> At this moment in time, I think that file formats are more important than
> capturing.

Ok, this requires major refactoring of a lot of interior parts. this is
not simple at all. I checked xine-lib today and it looks very nice,
however handling mpeg isn't at all as easy as DV. Anyway I'll try and see
what I can do.   Since xine-lib can't encode, this is a completely
different issue. It doesn't make much sense to produce raw DV files from
mpeg sources.  What kind of target formats would you be most interested
in?

> 3. NTSC won't work properly in kdenilve until file formats are supported. (I
> need to be told - via <getCapabilities/> - what file formats piave can export
> to)

yes, sure, that is the very easy part.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/