[Kdenlive-devel] new piave HEAD

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 22:48:46 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 10:34 pm, Chris Clayton wrote:
> Rolf,
>
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 10:08 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> >  You don't have a DV cam?
>
> No, not yet. I mentioned in an earlier message that I am currently busy
> convincing my wife of the absolute necessity of having a DV cam. But I have
> some way to go yet :((
>
> I stumbled into your projects, when I was searching sourceforge for a lInux
> video editor so that I can get some footage of family and friends off VHS
> video tape and onto a CD, adding fades in/out and captions whilst I am
> doing that.  At first I didn't realise piave/kdenlive are dv only but
> something about them has fascinated me & I have been watching the mailing
> list

Do I take it that you have a tv in or similar on your computer? You might want
to take a look at kino, which has a video 4 linux capture option (you have to
enable it in settings). I have had some (albeit limited) success in capturing
dv files using it from my old happauge win tv card (circa 1996) :-)

http://kino.schirmacher.de/

You need to set it to capture raw dv files, rather than avi files, since that
is currently all that kdenlive/piave support.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood