[Kdenlive-devel] new piave HEAD

Chris Clayton chris at theclaytons.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 22:34:02 UTC 2003

Rolf,

On Sunday 12 January 2003 10:08 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:

>  You don't have a DV cam?

No, not yet. I mentioned in an earlier message that I am currently busy
convincing my wife of the absolute necessity of having a DV cam. But I have
some way to go yet :((

I stumbled into your projects, when I was searching sourceforge for a lInux
video editor so that I can get some footage of family and friends off VHS
video tape and onto a CD, adding fades in/out and captions whilst I am doing
that.  At first I didn't realise piave/kdenlive are dv only but something
about them has fascinated me & I have been watching the mailing list

I am looking forward to other file formats becoming available. Until then,
I'll probably watch developments via the mailing list but keep out of your
hair and just let you get on with your development.

But, if you ever want anything trying out by a user (you know, the type of
person who breaks software by asking it to do things that it wasn't intended
to do), just shout and I'll gladly help. Similarly, I can try buillds with
GCC 2.95.3 and KDE3.0.x for you.

Keep up the good work!

Chris