[Kdenlive-devel] new piave HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 12 21:25:38 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 10:19 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 8:55 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Most kdenlive issues are usability,

agreed..

> and a large number of those are tied to
> an improved monitor (and relevant support in the timeline). But these
> changes are too big to implement until we are ready to move onto the next
> development release.

agreed..

> Also, a number of the 'bugs' we are facing now (such as NTSC support), are
> due to some features being unimplemented, rather than implemented badly.

agreed..

> Unless there are any major bugs that you can think of,

Other than the one I just posted (the modified thing),... nope...

> I think we are ready
> to release what we've got,

agreed..  How about we sleep over it a night or two, and if nothing else turns
up in the next few days ... we go for it?

I was going to call the first beta release 0.1.0, but you have alread used the
number. If you are gonna call ot 0.2, then I probably should skip 0.1 and get
in sync with kdenlive release numbers?

> and move onto the "next big thing", which
> shouldn't be effects/transitions, but monitors, file formats, and similar
> things.

also agreed..

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/