[Kdenlive-devel] Piave suggestion

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 12 16:24:36 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 05:22 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> Since there appears to be an on-exit error handler,

yes, I installed it to close sockets in case of a crash, but it doesn't work
as expected. Well, the handler does work, but the socket is still busy for a
while after a crash ...

> is it possible to
> output a backtrace to stderr from inside piave?

Great idea, how do I do it?

> I think that would remove
> the only main reason (using gdb to get a backtrace when piave crashes) I
> have for ever running piave in a console,

Can I pass commandline options? That is a reason for me. But I don't need
that, I am fine with a konsole if I want to pass options.

> and it means that on a crash, the
> backtrace will always be available via kdenlive's debug window.

Yes, that way users could send bt without knowing about gdb, etc...

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/