[Kdenlive-devel] updates

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 16:05:35 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 12:44 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
>  And also as a goody, if you use the (long discussed) mouse
>   wheel in the video window, you can step back and forth. That
>   kdenlive actually updates the slider position is a nice surprise ;-)

Works very nicely :-)

I have been wondering for a while though on what to do with mouse events,
drag'n'drop requests, (and mouse wheel events) that occur over the video
window. I really don't think it is piave's place to handle them, since that
breaks the UI/render seperation that we have so far kept.

I am going to look into how X handles various events - I assume that it is
fairly easy to tell X to pass them directly to the parent window, so that
kdenlive can handle them without using VEML, which I don't consider to be a
very elegant solution for mouse events.

What I am saying is that for the moment, the mouse wheel support is fine, but
when I figure out the best way to do it, all mouse/drag events should be
dropped directly to kdenlive, which knows how to handle them much more
generally - think for instance, arranging a picture-on-picture effect by
dragging around the picture around in the movie window.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood