[Kdenlive-devel] updates

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 12 12:44:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I commited a few updates, but they are still a bit buggy.

- You can now export a timeline with gaps,
  but only if you have YUV overlay. If you start piave
  with -f rgb and use a RGB surface you'll get some funny
  output instead of black. This sounds trivial, but is actually a design
  problem which needs some time to be fixed propperly.

- I have introduced another listener thread which handles SDL events. That
  means, your video window should be refreshed after you drag another window
  on top of it. And also as a goody, if you use the (long discussed) mouse
  wheel in the video window, you can step back and forth. That
  kdenlive actually updates the slider position is a nice surprise ;-)
  Unfortunately this feature crashes on one of my boxes constantly, and I
  don't kno why. So if you have problems with piave crashing directly after
  startup, please try to use the '-e' option, which switches this feature off.

And about the NTSC support, I noticed that the 'pond.dv' sample on the kino
(actually dvgrab) page is long enought to test things. Actually it works in
kdenlive, only the video window is distorted, because piave doesn't handle
the scpect and resolution correctly and of course the length of the clip in
the timeline and the actuall length don't match. The first thing I'll do is
report all the stuff in reply to <getFileProperties/> so Jason can try and
handle it.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/