[Kdenlive-devel] Does Kdenlive build? (preparing for a V0.1.1 tarball)

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 12 11:58:05 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 08:22 am, Chris Clayton wrote:
> Jason,
>
>  > To Reinhard, Chris and anyone else on the list who has tried, could you
>  > tell me if kdenlive from current CVS builds successfully on your system?
>
> I get a clean build of both piave and kdenlive but I am not getting
> playback.
>
> I don't yet have any clips of my own - I am slowly building up the business
> case for dv camera with my wife. The clip I am using is 4x3.dv from the
> kino download page at sourceforge, so I am assuming I have the suitable dv
> file.

Hi Chris,

the file you tried is NTSC. In principle supporting NTSC is not a big deal,
but as I only have a PAL DV camera it's a little bit hard to test for me and
you probably hit a bug. Just to check is everything else is working, you can
download a PAL sample here:

 http://www.dubitzky.de/piave/4x3-PAL.dv

I'll try and see what I can do for NTSC. The sample from kino is only three
frames long, does anybody happen to have a longer NTSC sample?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/