[Kdenlive-devel] Adding clips and the "Unknown duration" problem

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Fri Jan 10 22:14:33 UTC 2003

Am Freitag 10 Januar 2003 08:38 nachmittags/abends schrieb Rolf Dubitzky:
> > However, when you get home, please check and tell me if kdenlive ever
> > reports "unknown" when piave _hasn't_ crashed. IN that case, there is a
> > bug in kdenlive, and I would be interested in both the debug output from
> > both piave & kdenlive in such a case to track it down.

If I can help you by sending you more detailed outputs, I would be glad do do
this!
So please give me more details about HOW to do  this, because I'm new to
coding (just reading some basics), debugging and other stuff that's needed,
but I'm determined to learn as much as my brain is able to cope with ....
because it's long time ago since I was 18! :-)))

> and make sure you have a clean new checkout some things have changed.

Ooops .... piave failed .... again in server.cc:

server.cc:162: passing `const std::string' as `this' argument of
`std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>& std::basic_string<_CharT,
_Traits, _Alloc>::replace(_Alloc::size_type, _Alloc::size_type, const
_CharT*, _Alloc::size_type) [with _CharT = char, _Traits =
std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]' discards qualifiers
server.cc:165: `string' undeclared (first use this function)
server.cc:165: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [server.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/booker/cvs/piave/libpiave'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/booker/cvs/piave'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[booker at linux piave]$

greetings
Reinhard