[Kdenlive-devel] Adding clips and the "Unknown duration" problem

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 21:04:17 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 Jan 2003 8:37 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jason Wood wrote:
> > On Friday 10 Jan 2003 7:38 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > > Well, a bug that crashes piave _everz_ time you add _any_ clip is not
> > > known, at least I cannot reproduce it. Is this the example .dv file?
> > > can you play this .dv file with decodebench?
> >
> > I can reproduce that, upon starting piave if the first thing I do is try
> > to add a single clip, then it crashes most of the time.
>
> you mean thegetFileProperties command crashes piave?

Yes.

In particular, on inspection by placing an INFO() at the start and end of the
KdenLiveServer::veml_getFileProperties( const VEMLCmnd * cmd )

piave crashes somewhere within this method.

However :-(

I have checked that s1 is non-null (it is)
I have checked that s1 returns a valid length() (it does)

I have checked that Global::fps is non-0 (it is)

In adding that final INFO() to check Global:fps, piave doesn't crash - but it
does not return any XML communication to kdenlive either.

So this is probably a memory corruption bug.

I'll keep looking.

Cheers,
Jason

--