[Kdenlive-devel] Adding clips and the "Unknown duration" problem

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at physik.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jan 10 19:38:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jason Wood wrote:

> On Friday 10 Jan 2003 5:40 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > I couldn't update the sources since I'm still at work, but I think the
> > situation wasn't changed by your last commited stuff.
> >
> > So the situation yesterday was that piave crashed after adding a clip to
> > the project list:
>
> Ok, if that is the case, then that is good (well, not bad), in that it means
> the bugs are known about. If piave crashes before it sends the file duration
> to kdenlive, then it is expected behaviour that kdenlive will display
> "unknown" for the file duration.

Well, a bug that crashes piave _everz_ time you add _any_ clip is not
known, at least I cannot reproduce it. Is this the example .dv file? can
you play this .dv file with decodebench?

> However, when you get home, please check and tell me if kdenlive ever reports
> "unknown" when piave _hasn't_ crashed. IN that case, there is a bug in
> kdenlive, and I would be interested in both the debug output from both piave
> & kdenlive in such a case to track it down.

and make sure you have a clean new checkout some things have changed.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/