[Kdenlive-devel] Adding clips and the "Unknown duration" problem

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 17:56:21 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 Jan 2003 5:40 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> I couldn't update the sources since I'm still at work, but I think the
> situation wasn't changed by your last commited stuff.
>
> So the situation yesterday was that piave crashed after adding a clip to
> the project list:

Ok, if that is the case, then that is good (well, not bad), in that it means
the bugs are known about. If piave crashes before it sends the file duration
to kdenlive, then it is expected behaviour that kdenlive will display
"unknown" for the file duration.

However, when you get home, please check and tell me if kdenlive ever reports
"unknown" when piave _hasn't_ crashed. IN that case, there is a bug in
kdenlive, and I would be interested in both the debug output from both piave
& kdenlive in such a case to track it down.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood