[Kdenlive-devel] Turning off irrelevant debug messages in kde

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 14:10:50 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 10:37 pm, booker wrote:
> I also tried to start piave with the -d flag (in the 'Configure Kdenlive
> ...' dialog).
> And the result is a constant stream of messages like that:
>
> ERROR: Could not start process

There are a couple of reasons why doing this won't work.

Firstly, the KURL browser (the box that you use to select the renderer)
doesn't let you add command line actions like this. If you check the box
again now, the box will have probably turned blank, so you should re-fill it
wil the corerct path (/usr/local/bin/piave). Otherwise, you won't even get a
connection from piave in the console.

The reason for this : kdenlive neesd an extra option in the setting box which
says "Start render process from within kdenlive". I can't add this at the
moment because qt designer isn't working on my system.

So what happens at the moment is that kdenlive assumes that you are trying to
open a process. If opening a process fails, it won't even consider looking to
see if a connection already exists.

What happens when you open piave on a console , is that kdenlive tries to open
_another_ piave. This succeeds, so kdenlive starts looking for an open
connection, which it finds from piave on the console. Meanwhile, the piave
that kdenlive opened realises it cannot listen on the socket and exits.
Kdenlive does not care at this point, because it knows that it is connected
to a renderer.

It's messy, yes, but until I can sort out the exact policy for creating and/or
connecting renderers, I can't fix it. I intend to do this... well, as soon as
I get qt-designer up and running again, basically.

As it stands though, there is no point trying to pass debug info to a piave
session opened by kdenlive, as it does not get output to the console. This
will be fixed once I code the debug window. I'll see if I can do that + the
bug fixes today and "must have" features mentioned today.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood