[Kdenlive-devel] Problems with SAX parsers.

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Thu Jan 9 10:11:51 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 08.01.03 22:09:13:
> On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 8:27 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 07.01.03 23:38:06:
> Just to check is the latest Piave installed, or you are running latest piave
> from a console? (in other words, check that your not running an older version
> of piave alongside latest kdenlive)

At the moment, and I think most of time,  I'm running the latest cvs stuff only, for both.

> I have just added some extra debug info around the reading/parsing of data -
> could you checkout the latest code and tell me what it says when you add a
> file? (probably needs ./bootstrap to be run, I've added a few stub classes
> for later development)

I will test it when I'm back at home.
Just a note: To be save I'm running './bootstrap' and './configure --prefix/usr' every time.

> > Also this message was printed at the console when opening the 'add file'
> > dialog :
> >
> > KDirWatch: /etc/security/fileshare.conf is a file. Use addFile!
> >
> > But I don't know if this is an important info.
>
> KDirWatch is used by the open dialog, it is internal to KDE, not Kdenlive. You
> can safely ignore, I think.
>
> > btw - can you change the configuration of the 'add file' dialog this way he
> > remember the last opened directory? Because it's a loooong way to the
> > directory that containing my video sources ;-)
>
> Heh I guess I can :-)

Fine!

>  Myself, I set up a a "video directory" on the quick access navigation panel
> (F9) on the open dialog, so I haven't noticed since how long it takes to
> navigate :-) But I will change it anyway.

Don't used this feature so far ... so I will give it a try.

> Question - should the end directory also be stored in the configuration file
> so that on exiting the program, you return to the previous directory that you
> were working at?

For me personally this would be very fine.

> > (the console shows no
> > error message ... btw - the --help flag shows no special flag to print out
> > more verbose/detailed error messages? Isn't there such a flag right now?).
>
> There is no flag at the moment. I leave warning and error messages in place,
> which should pick up any serious errors that occur, and they should always
> show if your using debug builds (I really must start using assert()'s some
> day though) but I tend to remove debug messages once I'm finished with them
> because they generate a *huge* amount of console traffic, and slow kdenlive
> to a crawl.

Ooops .... I don'T know what happened with this message, but I don't receive this at home!
So please forget this comment below I've sent yesterday evening:

> > I just checked, and there is a way to deactivate debug messages from
> > various parts of kde. Run :
> >
> > kdebugdialog
> >
> > And you can turn on and off debug messages from, for example. kdirwatch,
> > and kio.
> >
> > This will leave you with smaller and clearer debug messages from
> > kdenlive.
>
> Ooops, sorry ... seems to be a missunderstanding here, because I wanted to
> know how to see more debug outputs, that could be helpful for you.

greetings
Reinhard