[Kdenlive-devel] The Next Big Thing

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 18:44:13 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 6:20 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> One thing we should keep in mind for the parameters are more complex types
> than "double", obvious would be "color", not so obvious would by "point" or
> "box". If we send just <par "x" "double"> <par "y" "double"> kden will not
> know how to visualize this.

I think the best way ahead is for you to put together a list of parameter
types that you need to implement piaves current transitions sensibly, and
then in complex cases (such as fonts, colors) we can discuss the exact
implementation details.

> Other than that I am fine with the proposal. Let's do it that way. But
> efore we get to te _next_ big thing, I suggest, that we revise what we
> have. How about we really try to use/test/ironout the features we have now
> and try to make an initial beta release (I concider the current status as
> alpha). Ususally I don't think every release must be rock hard, but since
> we'll probably anounce this release a various places it should really work,
> the first impression is the most important one.

Ok, it's just too easy to get carried away ;-)

Yes, let's aim for a beta release first.

> I'll try to fix all known bugs in piave this weekend, and make a list of
> things in kdenlive (e.g. there should be some warning if
> /usr/local/bin/piave does not exist). I think the major things are in
> piave, there are just a few details in kdenlive.

Here are the problems that I know about :

Kdenlive :

* Sometimes when trying to move one clip next to another in kdenlive, there
will be a gap and it won't let you get any closer. I'll look into this, I
suspect it is a rounding error of some sort, but have not looked into it yet.

Piave :

* Piave does not seem to implement the <render> command at the moment - is
this a possibility for the weekend or is it going to take more time?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood