[Kdenlive-devel] The Next Big Thing

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 15:27:02 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 2:19 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> a) kdelive must query available effects, including their static and dynamic
> properties

Ok, that was simple enough. Kdenlive now sends

<getCapabilities/>

> b) piave must answer this query

This should also be very simple. Since piave has essentially a static selection of
transitions at the moment, we can write out the returning XML document
by hand for now, and all piave has to do is read the file and pass it across the
communication.

The example in the cutting list specification document is below: I have removed the
"file formats" section from this document for the moment.

<reply command="getCapabilities">
<requirements>
    <effects>
        <effect name="crossfade">
            A simple transition between one video stream and another.

            <input name="1" type="video"/>
            <input name="2" type="video"/>

            <parameter name="fade" type="double" min="0.0" max="1.0">
	   Controls the opacity of video 2. At 0.0, video 1 is completely on screen.
                At 1.0, video 2 is completely on screen.
            </parameter>

            <preset name="simple">
                <fade>
                    <keyframe time="0.0" value="0.0" type="linear"/>
                    <keyframe time="1.0" value="1.0" type="linear"/>
                </fade>
            </preset>
        </effect>
    </effects>