[Kdenlive-devel] no video

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 22:08:44 UTC 2003

On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 9:47 pm, booker wrote:
> Hi .... wow, there is a lot of traffic in this list ;-),
>
> I checked out the last commited cvs changes, but still no video in
> kdenlive.
>
> I'm able to drop a clip on the timeline (captured by kino as raw dv), but
> still can't see the content of this file.
>
> The problem could be this ....
> I start piave by
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/piave -p 6100
> or
> $ ~booker/cvs/piave/piave/piave -p 6100
>
> but after adding a clip to the project list piave is crashing by this
> error...
>
> [booker at linux piave]$ /usr/local/bin/piave -p 6100
> Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
> [booker at linux piave]$
>

> Any idea?

It sounds like the same bug that I am running into. Try starting piave with :

piave -d -p 6100

And I am going to guess that the output ends at the same point as the debug
output I posted a few messages ago did, namely :

frame.cc:769 INFO: allocating new DVFrame
avstream.cc:139 INFO: video:
avstream.cc:140 INFO:   system         : PAL
avstream.cc:141 INFO:   format         : 4:3
avstream.cc:145 INFO: audio:
avstream.cc:146 INFO:   frequency      : 32000
avstream.cc:147 INFO:   num_channels   : 2
avstream.cc:148 INFO:   quantization   : 12
avstream.cc:149 INFO:   emphasis       : off
avstream.cc:150 INFO:   sampling       : 2
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

And it's REALLY annoying, because for a fleeting moment around midday, it was
working like a dream :-)

> btw - couldn't it be helpful to notify the actual working status of piave
> inside the kdenlive app, since it will be startet by kdenlive automatically
> at startup?

Yes, it would. I have been contemplating the best way to do it though. For the
moment, I can probably get away with a simple LED on the edit panel which
goes from Red to green when the renderer connects.

I'll implement it and see what it looks like.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood