[Kdenlive-devel] A few new icons

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Feb 16 13:02:23 UTC 2003

On Sunday 16 February 2003 01:52 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> I'm going to have to re-send the scenelists - but currently, this is the
> only way to have two monitors on screen at once. Even if we didn't have two
> monitors, we would still need to send a scenelist when we wanted to display
> a clip, and then send another scenelist when we changed back to the
> workspace.

> To explain. Using SDL in the way that we are using it is an ugly hack :-)
> There is no way through the SDL api to get the winID of a window. More
> importantly though, SDL assumes that you always want to create a window and
> show it straight away. This is why the monitor windows appear in their own
> window before becoming embedded in kdenlive. If this only happens at start
> up, it's annoying but acceptable. If it happened everytime the monitor
> changed focus... well, that would not be acceptable.

right.

> 2. Allow a renderer to hold multiple scenelists, and select between them
> instead of resending them.
>
> Now, this is a possibility, as we would never need to send the same
> scenelist twice - set up scenelist 0 as the current clip, and scenelist 1
> as the current workspace, and then select between them.

It woudl be trivial it add something like
<setScenelist id=/string/>

and let piave handle more then one scenelist. You could then send scenelist
id="clip" and id="main" ot whatever. This way you would not need three piave
processes.

> This would still
> work with two monitors as well - send the scenelists to both monitors, and
> when you flip the monitor screens (so xv is on the focussed window) you
> flip the scenelists at the same time. The main problem - increased
> complexity - piave would need to hold multiple scenelists at once, and the
> VEML interface needs to be expanded to accomodate this.

> What do you think? For the moment, I just want to find out how quickly I
> can make the monitor switch happen.

ok. And also I am not sure, we need to flip each time focus changes. the only
relevant thing is "play". just scrolling is not such a big issue.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/