[Kdenlive-devel] xv view does not display image when uncovered.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 12:36:14 UTC 2003

On Sunday 16 Feb 2003 11:30 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 16 February 2003 01:54 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > I just noticed that when using the xv display, piave does not redraw the
> > screen if it get's covered up and shown again - you have to either click
> > the window, or force a seek (e.g. press forward/backward one frame, drag
> > around the timeline, etc.).
>
> If you want piave to redraw in VIDEO_EXPOSE events, you can uncomment line
> 415 in kdenserver.cc :
>
> //              push_cmnd( "seek" );
>
> It was switched off for debugging.
>
> > This doesn't effect rgb mode.
>
> the XServer handles it for rgb, but thw XServer doesn't know about hardware
> overlay.

Ok, great. If it was intentional, it's not a bug. Well, unless yiou forget to
uncomment it for release, anyway ;-)

I was about to say that there was another bug in piave, where a new scenelist
doesn't get displayed until at least one seek command has been issued... but
then I remembered that kdenlive caches the scenelist until a seek command is
issued. Oops! The fix is going to be slightly tricky, since I have to make
sure the scenelist gets sent when it needs to be, but not when it should be
held back...

(The reason for this problem - clicking on a clip in the project list should
automatically display it in the clip monitor, currently you have to seek
before you see anything.)

Cheers,
Jason

--