[Kdenlive-devel] Te kdenlive freezing issue.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 15 15:34:13 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 Feb 2003 3:16 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Saturday 15 February 2003 12:50 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Hi Rolf,
> >
> > Does kdenlive still freeze on you?
>
> Since piave doesn't crash so much, it works most of the time, not always
>
> > (I haven't modified the code in the last
> > week) If so, can you try this and tell me what happens :
> > Do you still get the freeze, or does this make kdenlive work for you?
>
> I tried it a few time at it seems to work. What does that mean?

I'm not sure, but I'll throw a question over to the kde-devel list and see if
anyone else knows.

My suspicion that it is something to do with KProcess comes from when I first
started using processes in Kdenlive. I initially used QProcess (the QT
process class), but this always used to freeze kdenlive if you tried to open
a file dialog.

So I changed it to KProcess, and since that worked, I just assumed there were
incompatabilities between how KProcess and QProcess worked. However, if
kdenlive is freezing on your computer because of kprocess, then either there
is a bug in kprocess that has since been fixed (what version of KDE is on
your computer?) or there is something that kdenlive needs to do that I
currently don't know about.

Cheers,
Jason

--