[Kdenlive-devel] Marker support and loading kino projects...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 15:57:27 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 10:57, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 16.12.03 04:25:07:
> > Ok, I am considering snap marker support "complete enough" for the
> > moment. The major omission iis some kind of visual feedback on the clip
> > monitor, but other than that, all the new buttons/menu options work. Give
> > it a play, let me know how it feels.
>
> Hi,
>
> I personally would like to have what you already mentioned; I mean the
> possibillity to delete markers and to move them around. Seems to be very
> important actions IMHO

Agreed, although it is possible to delete snap markers in two ways now - by
moving to the exact frame of the snap marker in the clip monitor (use the
left/right buttons) and hit the "set marker" button to untoggle the marker,
or by right clicking on the timeline and selecting "clear markers from
selected clips" or "clear all markers". If these last two don't exist in the
menus, you need to delete the ~/.kde/share/apps/kdenlive directory.

> Also it seems that markers were not saved, because they are not there after
> re-opening a saved project, right?

That's a bug ;-)

> As well as the used clips are not in the  project list; the list is
> empty ... at least on my machine ;-)

Is there an entry that says "clips"? A side effect of making the list ready
for grouping clips together (bins, etc.) was that the list starts minimised.

It is also possible that I have messed up somewhere with the loading code -
could you email me the kdenlive project file that is not loading properly so
I can take a look at it?

> I encountered another problem when splitting clips:
> I was able to split a clip and moving the left part away, but after that I
> can't move the left part back to snap again with the right part of this
> splitted clip.

That's a bug.

--
Jason Wood