[Kdenlive-devel] Marker support and loading kino projects...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 03:23:30 UTC 2003

Ok, I am considering snap marker support "complete enough" for the moment. The
major omission iis some kind of visual feedback on the clip monitor, but
other than that, all the new buttons/menu options work. Give it a play, let
me know how it feels.

You might need to delete you ~/.kde/share/apps/kdenlive/ directory if it
exists in order to see the new menu entries.

And now something that didn't actually take that long but gave me a nice buzz
when I implemented it :-) You can now load kino projects into kdenlive. I am
not sure if *every* kino project will work, but those I have tried creating
myself so far seem to. Let me know how you get on.

(your kino project will need to have a .smil extension to be picked up at the
moment, just rename it if it doesn't).

Saving kino projects is a bit more tricky due to the differences between how
kino and kdenlive work - kino doesn't seem to store information about
transitions/effects in it's project format, it generates new dv files as soon
as you add the effect and inserts those into the project. Exporting back to
kino at the moment would be similar to generating a scenelist, but in the
future when kdenlive support effects, we would need to render them down
before exporting. It's definitely possible, but I'm going to think about it
before I implement it.

Cheers,
Jason

--