[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering hard-coded to rawdv at the moment.

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 10 21:56:23 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 13:17, Jason Wood wrote:
> So piave would recieve :
>
> <render url="some/url/to/file.dv">
> 	<outstream>
> 		<file>
> 			<container format="rawdv" />
> 		</file>
> 	 <outstream>
> </render>

I would put the filename into the file tag, not the render tag. Also you need
to keep in mind, that piave can not rely on kioslaves, so it is not valid to
send actually urls to piave, but it is anyway reasonable to call the
attribute url.

> Does that sound reasonable? I am wondering if the <outstream> tag is
> redundant or not - could we just have this :
>
> <render url="some/url/to/file.dv">
> 	<file>
> 		<container format="rawdv" />
> 	</file>
> </render>
>
> or does this lose some of the semantics?

;-)  Well, fro my point of view the 'render' tag is redundant, since piave
will send what ever is in the following scenelist to an outstream. piave is a
renderer so to give it a tag 'render' is redundant, there is nothing else a
renderer would do anyway ;-)   So stcking with your example I would suggest
something like:

<outstream>
	<file url="some/url/to/file.dv">
 		<container format="rawdv" />