[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering hard-coded to rawdv at the moment.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 21:17:27 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 01:53, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 16:42, Jason Wood wrote:
> > I have almost finished getting load/save working again, and it should be
> > much easier to add import/export support for various other video editor
> > project formats as well, in particular I am thinking of adding support
> > for kino project files in the near future, and I want to add "save to
> > scenelist" ASAP, as I think it will be useful for putting together test
> > cases for piave.
> >
> > I noticed that there is a communication issue with rendering that needs
> > to be sorted out - kdenlive only sends a url to piave when rendering, we
> > need to extend this so that at the least it can say "raw dv" format, or
> > "avi" format. I seem to remember us discussing this some time ago, I'll
> > look back through the archive and refresh my memory
>
> I am not sure I understand. piave can be asked for a 'outstream' with a
> 'container' featuring a certain format and a 'codec' of certain kind, e.g.:
>
> <outstream>
>   <file>
>     <container format="rawdv" />
>   </file>
> <outstream>

in kdenserver.cc, the veml_render call currently hardcodes this :

    /*
     *   try to get output plugin
     *   for output stream
     */
    OutAVStreamIFace * outstream = 0;
    PropertyNode * out_caps = new PropertyNode( "outstream" );
    PropertyNode * file = out_caps->addDaughter("file");
    PropertyNode * container = file->addDaughter("container");
    container->addAttr( "format", "rawdv" );

I guess that the best solution would be to put the outstream information into
the render tag, does that sound reasonable?

So piave would recieve :

<render url="some/url/to/file.dv">
	<outstream>
		<file>
			<container format="rawdv" />
		</file>
	 <outstream>
</render>

Does that sound reasonable? I am wondering if the <outstream> tag is redundant
or not - could we just have this :

<render url="some/url/to/file.dv">
	<file>
		<container format="rawdv" />
	</file>
</render>

or does this lose some of the semantics?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood