[Kdenlive-devel] stdout and mencoder

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Dec 8 05:51:24 UTC 2003

Hi,

since I had some tme to actually use kdenlive/piave to cut some of my recent
holiday shots (actually works... if we just had the titler and x-fade
transitions... ;-) and I usually use mencoder to compress the raw DV video
data, I tought it might be actually very easy to implement this in kdenlive.
just make piave render raw DV to stdout and make mencoder read from stdin..
well the first part was easy. pencode in CVS can now render to stdout, just
give '-' as the target filename, this should also work in plain piave. But
somehow mencoder can't read raw DV from stdin. Does anybody of you guys know
how to make mencoder read raw DV from stdin?

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky