[Kdenlive-devel] Preliminary snap marker support committed

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 20:10:30 UTC 2003

On Monday 01 Dec 2003 5:33 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 01.12.03 01:40:07:
> > On Sunday 30 Nov 2003 10:04 pm, jelte at liebrand.co.uk wrote:
> > > Hiya Jason,
> >
> > Well in this case, possibly :-) But my question about context menus was a
> > little more all-encompassing. For instance - should the tools be in the
> > context menu for easy access, or do they just clutter it up?
>
> What about making the context menu user configurable, so users can choose
> which tools should be displayed in this context menu.

I am unsure if there is a built-in tool in KDE to configure menus directly in
the same way that you can configure toolbars, if it is already part of the
KDE framework I will add it, otherwise I will wait until it is part of the
KDE framework ;-)

But even if we do implement configurable context menus, then like toolbars
some sensible defaults will still be needed.

> > I think that it is necessary that the context-sensitive version should
> > place the marker on the clip at the current seek time, the current
> > "marker" tool I have implemented is actually useless because you cannot
> > use it to accurately place markers (although I think it might still be
> > useful for deleting them).
>
> Can you let the marker tool show the actual frame as a thumbnail when
> moving the mouse pointer upon a clip? Because maybe this way it would be
> possible to set the markers frame accuracy ...

That should be possible, although I still don't think it will be accurate
enough - a single pixel on the timeline might represent a large number of
frames unless you are zoomed in quite close.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood