[Kdenlive-devel] Plan Of Action

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Aug 24 09:53:09 UTC 2003

On Sunday 24 August 2003 10:07 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> For the interface, I will probably follow the way that Premier uses, which
> is that conceptually, video and sound are totally separate. When a video is
> placed on the timeline, it has a sound and video track that are "linked"
> together.

Yes, MovieDV does it the same way, I think it makes sense and is standard.

> The disadvantages - well it means that for every video clip, you have two
> clips on the timeline.

Well, MovieDV has "vertical" "zoom" levels for the timeline, i.e.
audio level 1:  thin band (about half the width what is now video in Kden)
audio level 2:  same width as video, with a wave form inside.

If the video and audio clips are link, i.e. move at te same time, can be
deleted et the same time, etc. I think it's not a big disadvantage.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/