[Kdenlive-devel] Reinhard will be happy...

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Mon Aug 18 13:05:13 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm back from vacation and checked out the shortcut dialog and you are right .... Reinhard "IS" very happy with it!! ;-)) Cool!! :-)

Just a question ... is it planned to activate the different sections of Kdenlive (timeline, clip monitor, Projekt list, effect list, ...) via shortcuts?
So, in combination with a special mode (assemble), maybe this could offer an fast way to create rough video cuts ...

What I mean is:
Choose a clip to be displayed in the clip monitor, set in and out points, hit a key (to define in shortcut dialog ;-) to add this area to the timeline behind the last active/inserted/assembled clip ... and so on.
If this (assemble) mode is de-activated the selected area could be inserted/positioned into a new track on the right side of the timeslider ...

Also some functionallities to move the timeslider could be helpful in this concern, for example:
- goto In/Out point
- goto next/previous edge/edit

And last not least something like a "fast preview" could be helpful too:
I mean, position the timeslider somewhere on the timeline, activate this "fast preview" to show some seconds before this point and some seconds after this point in time (pre-roll/post-roll) to control the change between two clips for example.
Maybe in loop-mode too?? ;-)

greetings
Reinhard