[Kdenlive-devel] moved here from kde-multimedia (was Re: Multimedia Frameworks)

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Fri Oct 25 20:28:46 UTC 2002

Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 21:21 schrieben Sie:

> > > Yes. My goal is neither an engine nor a GUI, I want a video
> > > solution. I will not work on effects for an engine I cannot use in
> > > the GUI. If somebody else wants a gui that ignores half of the
> > > features, ok, I would say that both needs to go hand in hand.
> >
> > Well the GUI can do all effects by definition. An effect is just like
> > a function in a compiler. You have inputs and parameters and a name.
> > Maybe later even something which specifies how the effects should be
> > previewed in the engine.
>
> The realisation that I have had recently is that if you are going to
> make a preview, you might as well ask the cutter to do it. If you don't,
> then you have to effectively duplicate a cutter within the GUI, and you
> will also have a great amount of inconsistancy between what the preview
> is and what the final output will be.

True, but generating a preview frame takes a lot of time anyhow, so the
overhead of moving it around is minimal.

> This, along with the need to ensure that the GUI is capable of viewing
> exactly the same files that the cutter can generate that makes me think
> it is essential to use the cutter dierctly for all playback.

Well at least for my cutter (which I still haven't started) this probably
isn't to much of a problem because I'm going to use mplayer as a decoder.
Maybe we can also seek to a position with a normal player and then ask the
cutter to give it's frame of the current position, that way you would have
all three, independance, speed and accuracy.

> My plan on how to do this will all become (hopefully!) clear as to how
> to do this when I upload the null cutter.

Good, thanks.

> Cheers,
> Jason

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.