[Kdenlive-devel] moved here from kde-multimedia (was Re: Multimedia Frameworks)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 17:04:30 UTC 2002

On Thursday 24 Oct 2002 4:36 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > > Easy. But my engine can do _much_ more already. And of course I don't
> > > want to get the features burried because the XML can't handle them ;-)
> >
> > What kind of things are you talking about here? Is it a case of
> > transitions, effects, etc?
>
> Yes. My goal is neither an engine nor a GUI, I want a video solution. I
> will not work on effects for an engine I cannot use in the GUI. If somebody
> else wants a gui that ignores half of the features, ok, I would say that
> both needs to go hand in hand.

Ok, I see what you mean. Yes, the area of transition/effects dialogs is one
that I am still deciding on the best way to do.

Though I am sure that for the majority of transitions/effects we will not need
any complex structures, so I have been leaning towards making some sort of
dialog-builder, which would request the parameters that need to be set for
the transition, and would then construct a dialog, complete with preview and
a timeline for keyframable values. Yes, like every generalisation that get's
made it means just a littlle more work :-) But I believe that it will save
effort in the long run.

Cheers,
Jason

--