[Kdenlive-devel] Proposal for the cutter.

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Wed Oct 23 09:29:29 UTC 2002

Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2002 18:22 schrieben Sie:
> On Tuesday 22 Oct 2002 4:53 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > My suggestion is that the cutter needs to be in charge of supplying
> > the GUI with the pictures it wants to display, and essentailly be
> > capable of performing all necessary manipulations on the video
> > including playback.
>
> Oops, to clarify this bit - I am not suggesting that the cutter supplies
> things such as the Play button, stop button, etc. but it should be in
> charge of displaying it's own video footage in it's own window... which
> can then be embedded into the user interface application.

I see, maybe wie'll also use (sorry for my spelling, I'vm over VNC on my
computer) S some kind of "dummy cutter" which doesn't really cut, or we
enable every cutter to have somekind of "remote" option, creating some
rexec or shell scripts, doing the cutting on another computer, or
something. I'll be using mplayer for most decompression anyhow so it would
simply also output the image (I supposed it can be controlled by piping)

> Cheers,
> Jason

Servus
 Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.