[Kdenlive-devel] change in cutlist

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 17:46:31 UTC 2002

On Saturday 05 Oct 2002 5:45 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> Am Samstag, 5. Oktober 2002 14:21 schrieben Sie:
> > > Well OK, if I can find one which is easier to use than writing it
> > > myself we can do so. Maybe we can put the list of files into the
> > > <sceene> tag.
> >
> > Essentially, I would suggest making each command we have at the moment
> > into an XML element. The scene tag would contain the command tags within
> > it.
>
> So something like:
> <scene name="some sceene" length=10>
>   <fade from=0 to=100>
>      <file filename="test.mov" start=32 speed=1>
>      <file filename="test.mpeg" start=0 speed=0.2>
>   </fade>
> </scene>

Something like that. A couple of points for if you are creating test files by
hand :

Unlike in HTML, all attributes are quoted. Also, all tags should be closed.

So, for example, the file lines would read :

<file filename="test.mov" start="32" speed="1"></file>

or

<file filename="test.mpeg" start="0" speed="0.2"/>

Note that the way things are set up above, you will end up with something
looking like this for more complex mixes with multiple effects:

<scene name="some scene" length="30">
	<fade start="100" end="0">
		<colorgen color="#000000"/>
		<overlay type="screen">
			<text color="#FFFFFF" x="centered" y="bottom">
				A Kdenlive Production MMII
			</text>
			<file filename="test.mpeg" start="0" speed="1"/>
		</overlay>
	</fade>
</scene>

In this example, some text being overlayed onto some video would fade to
black.

> If that's not to hard to be used in the XML parser

If it's anything like the QT one, the parser will do everything for you,
leaving you with a tree of XMLNodes in memory, which you can then traverse to
pick out what you need from it.

Cheers,
Jason

--