[Kdenlive-devel] problem compiling piave

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 20:37:50 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 Nov 2002 8:25 pm, booker wrote:
> Okay, compiling piave is done, after installing libxml++ from source.
>
> But when starting piave I get this error:
>
> [booker at linux piave]$ /home/booker/cvs/piave/piave/piave -s
> avstream.cc:61 ERROR: (_fd < 0): InRawDVStream::InRawDVStream : ERROR
> opening "../samples/4x3-PAL.dv"
> Aborted

Piave has a hard-coded storyboard at the moment, which searches for a dv file
in the place specified by the path (i.e. in a "samples" folder, in the
directory below work the piave executable ends up).

Simply create this directory and put a symlink you one of your dv files :

mkdir samples
cd samples
ln -s /path/to/my/dv/file.dv 4x3-PAL.dv

and it should work, I think. (I'm afraid the only DV files I have at the
moment are the corrupt ones that transcode generates :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood