[Kdenlive-devel] problem compiling piave

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 28 08:19:43 UTC 2002

I'll make ./configure abort when libxml++ is not found. In the beginning i
tmade sense to compile without it, but probably it doesn't anymore.

I'll also add som more detailed instrunctions in the INSTALL file.

Cheers, Rolf

On Thursday 28 November 2002 01:59 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 Nov 2002 9:59 pm, booker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > configure show me this problem ...
>
> <snip>
>
> > checking for libxml-2.0 > 2.0.0 libxml++-1.0 = 0.16.0... Package
> > libxml++-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml++-1.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'libxml++-1.0' found
> > configure: warning: *** libxml++ not found.
> > *** server functionality will not be available.
> > *** Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> >     if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
> > them updating cache ./config.cache
>
> I had a similar problem. You need to make sure that the following packages
> are installed :
>
> libxml2
> libxml2-devel
>
> and you probably have to compile the following from source, since I haven't
> found an RPM for it :
>
> libxml++
>
> (google search for it, pick the sourceforge link :-)
>
> I also had to manually copy libxml++-1.0.pc into the relevant pkg-config
> directory, even after performing make install. Not sure if this was a
> problem with my setup or libxml++'s build script though...
>
> Cheers,
> Jason

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/