[Kdenlive-devel] video formats

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 00:32:36 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 Nov 2002 11:43 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> If you and Jason don't usually edit DV and don't even have DV files for
> testing, then supporting your favourit format is a high priority goal, if
> you also use DV, then I would say it's medium or low priority.

I don't edit at home at all at the moment. I can get some DV files for testing
fairly easily, but I need to transfer my home directory from my current
computer to another one sitting on my desk first (it has a much bigger hard
drive in it).

As far as it goes, if you are planning on using GStreamer to add support for
most video formats, then I think wait for gstreamer to be ready for use,
rather than re-inventing the wheel and using the various libraries directly.

I believe Reinhard was interested with using Kdenlive for DV editing, so I
guess we will have at least one other person who can point out bugs for us
:-)

Cheers,
Jason

--