[Kdenlive-devel] video formats

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 00:13:31 UTC 2002

On Saturday 23 Nov 2002 7:42 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> piave was designed strictly with DV in mind. Are you interested in DV video
> at all? If not, what is the most important video format for you?

Yes, sort of.

At the student tv station I mentioned in a previous email, we use Adobe
Premiere with a Matrox RT2000 card. It works with the DVCAM format (I believe
this is a slightly higher-quality version of DV - 1 Gig of harddrive space
stores approximately 5 minutes of video) I like editing with high quality
codecs, and so support for them is something that I want for Kdenlive :-)

On the other hand, my own system is not powerful enough to edit such high
quality video yet, (my plan is that by the time Kdenlive is seriously usable,
my system will be up for the task ;-)) and so I was looking at the lower
resolution, lower quality codecs as well.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood