[Kdenlive-devel] video formats

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 23:57:01 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 Nov 2002 10:39 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Saturday 23 November 2002 09:44 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 23. November 2002 20:42 schrieben Sie:
> > > Hi Jason,
> > >
> > > piave was designed strictly with DV in mind. Are you interested in DV
> > > video at all? If not, what is the most important video format for you?
> >
> > Well I would like to stay as independant of video formats as possible.
>
> I wanted to know what you are actually doing with the editor. I mean we
> have to start somewhere. It doesn't make any sense, if this start is just
> DV video, which is enough for me, but you guys don't use DV.

Kdenlive does not care about video formats at present, and except for a
configuration box to specify framerate and other related options, I don't
think anything else codec specific needs to be in the GUI.

Eventually, I expect the renderer to pass the available video formats, along
with any options, to the GUI which will generate the necessary config form
dynamically. In the shorter scale, I can hard code the config for the format
available.

Cheers,
Jason

--