[Kdenlive-devel] Cutting List Specification Version 0.04

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sat Nov 16 19:25:12 UTC 2002

On Saturday 16 November 2002 08:08 pm, Jason Wood wrote:

> I am starting to lose track of this discussion - I don't see what this has
> to do with either specifying files as frames, or specifying them as
> milliseconds.
>
> Surely, if you specify times in seconds and partial seconds (e..g.
> 30.5212322 seconds, to take it to a reasonable extreme) then the framerate
> does not matter - in one case you multiply by 30 to get the frame that you
> are working on (once rounded, frame 916), the other you multiply by 29.97
> to get the frame you are working on (frame 915)...
>
> And since we all seem agreed that time should be specified in
> seconds/milliseconds rather than seconds/frames...  ???

yep. as I said I am fine with 10e-6 or whatever seconds too, just don't expect
an effect engine supporting variable bitrate, variable framerate, embeded
flash and .NET content soon. Leave something for version 2.0.
We'll not get it perfectly right in the first try. That's ok. Especially the
file format and the comunication protokoll will be subject to change as we
undersand better what we do.
Let's try and get a nice simple application working, then extend it. That way
we'll get some publicity and attract other programmers. I just would not wast
too much time thinking about ultra advanced features too soon or we'll loose
focus.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/