[Kdenlive-devel] modesto

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Nov 8 16:34:54 UTC 2002

Hi,

I created a subproject 'piave' in our main project 'modesto' at sourceforge.

 http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=62076

It contains the proof of principle version of the cutter. Mark is currently
working on the modesto GUI, but we will probably keep the two things as
seperate subprojects. This way you can checkout piave and build it without
any dependencies to modesto or TOAD etc.

Christian, I would like to ask expecially you if you are interested in
contributing to piave, since you are already interested in te engine part of
the whole thing. I was looking into makeing an interface to GStreamer, but
actually this turns out to be not as easy as I thought. The interface is
quite complex and the whole system is much less mature than I thought in te
beginning. Next thing I'll try is just use libav{codec}. I think you already
have some experience in that.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/