[Kdenlive-devel] Communication between GUI and Cutter

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Nov 8 16:14:12 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 04:37 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> Am Freitag, 8. November 2002 16:05 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a more standardised way to do the communication between
> > the GUI and Cutter than the one that I threw together to demonstrate
> > that things can work.
> >
> > I'm looking at things such as CORBA, DCOP, etc. at the moment, but my
> > experience in this area as a whole is fairly minimal, so does anyone
> > else have any suggestions as to which framework to use?

Please keep it simple!

I know nothing of DCOP, beside it is based on ICE and that it sounds like KDE
dependece. I would not vote for a KDE or Qt dependent solution.

I have a little experience with CORBA, (i.e. TAO) on our VxWorks
realtime-cluster. If ORBit is really easier (and faster) I would maybe give
it a try.

I also have some experience with MPI but only from a user's perspective, but
there is more to it. It's maybe not the right thing.

> How about pipes or fifos they should be enought for that

Pipes via NFS can be nasty but as a first step it is not better or worse than
the socket we use now, is it?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/