[Kdenlive-devel] Woohoo, I've reproduced the problem!

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 7 08:40:48 UTC 2002

On Thursday 07 November 2002 12:21 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 Nov 2002 10:37 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Essentially, the order of commands should be :
>

> aclocal
> autoheader
> autoconf
> automake
> perl admin/am_edit

It is very common, that people provide a "./bootstrap" script and a "./clean"
script. Ideally after "./clean" everything should look like a new checkout if
you didn't change any code. The ./bootstrap can call clean, and should then
do whatever is need to do to be able to ./configure. Would it make sense to
check in a boostrap script? It would simplify for people without kdevelop.

> I am unsure as to why it worked for Rolf - presumably I left some files in
> CVS which shouldn't have been there, but happened to bypass the automake
> process ;-)

No, I think what happened is, when I started playing with kdenlive I also
tried kdevelop and it must have created the necessary files. Aftewards I used
emacs+shell and it worked without me knowing, that it wouldn't have worked if
I hadn't called kdevelop once.

I can compile a fresh check out now without problems in RH7.3. However, a
single include is missing in KMMRulerPanel for gcc 2.96. I took the freedom
to use my developer access to commit this small change, is that ok?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/