[Kdenlive-devel] GUI stuff, Mustux (Protux)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 13:37:35 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 05 Nov 2002 11:07 am, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> Can you make all windows (widgets) interactive?
> I mean, when I re-size a window, the others should adapt her size too,
> because it's pretty unhandy to re-size each window individual after
> adapting one of them. This is the way how 'MoviePack and Extreme' is
> working .... it's like all windows having magnetical borders.
> http://www.aistinc.com
> I really like this GUI concept, because it is very good structured and well
> organized ... take a look.

At the moment, the interface is just one big window, with splitters between
the various components (monitor, project view, timeline, etc) allowing you to
resize them. In other words, there are no gaps between any of the windows.
I don't think this will work well on multiple monitors though, I'll see how it
goes.

Does MoviePack use seperate windows (like Gimp), or does it work in the same
way that I am proposing?

> > Yes, I understand, that is the usual way to visualize. The operators and
> > property nodes could look like the blue lines and blobs, sorry I am not a
>
> This is why I would suggest using a separate window, because I think you
> will cause a graphical overkill when having a lot of 'key frames',
> 'Property nodes', 'Envelopes', .... or what ever. So when you want to
> differ between 'Transitions' and 'Effects', you could leave the
> 'Transitions' in the 'Timeline' and show all applied effects in the other
> window (could be named as KeyLine? ;-)

I am still looking at the best way to do this. Essentially though, from what
you see in the screenshot at the moment, I intend to make the Project List
area into a tabbed view, and perhaps the timeline area as well.

So, for instance, it may be that you edit with the timeline in the normal
mode, but by clicking onto a tab, you get a different view which shows
keyframes and envelopes, clicking on a tab on the project list will bring up
a selection of transitions and effects in it's place, etc.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood